Dear CNM/TMI Facility Users,
Please note that TMI users must now log their usage in the TMI TXShop via the “TMI Electronic Billing Page” link below. CNM users can continue using the CNM TXShop by clicking on “CNM Electronic Billing Page”. TMI users should contact Dr. Hugo Celio with any questions regarding the new billing procedure. Contact Dr. Damon Smith for CNM billing issues.
When setting up your account you can specify an email address to send a receipt.
There are minimum charges for each piece of equipment which are listed on the main store pages. You must purchase the minimum even if you used less time than the minimum. After the minimum purchase has been made you may purchase time in smaller blocks, this option is available on the item pages for each item, remember this will not work if the minimum purchase has not been made.
Billing and Usage Rules
- All internal users must have access to a UT Austin 10-digit account number to use the facility.
- All use must be payed for on a daily basis, there are no exceptions. You will not be allowed to use CNM/TMI equipment if you do not follow this rule.
- You will be billed for your whole reservation unless you cancel it more than 2 hours in advance. You will not be billed for a reservation if the equipment is down.
- There is a minimum one hour cleanroom charge for entering the CNM cleanroom. Plan your work accordingly, if you enter the cleanroom to pick up your experiment and are back out in five minutes, there is a one hour charge. If you enter the cleanroom to start the thermal evaporator and then re-enter the cleanroom to finish the cycle, you need to record an additional entry along with your tool hours to pay for the gowning expenses. If you are confused about this please see CNM staff.
- All cleanroom users must be trained by CNM staff and must record their time in the cleanroom. Training for another on- or off-campus cleanroom is not sufficient to enter the CNM cleanroom and is a major safety violation.
Corporate and external universities/state entities must pay the separate “Corporate User Rate” or “External University/State Entity Rate”. Corporate and External users may only pay the “Internal User Rate” if a collaboration exists with a UT Austin PI. To qualify as a collaborator, the external user must provide the following:
- The name of the funding entity.
- The sponsor project name, UT account number, and name of the internal PI on the project to demonstrate they are co-PIs.
- The scope of work for each sponsored project detailing the usage of the CNM/TMI facilities.